Do you remember the dreams you had as a kid? I think most of us usually start out with some pretty big dreams. We didn’t think twice about asking for that white pony, the glittery shoes or that fairy tale playhouse we wanted in the backyard. We knew what we wanted and probably weren’t shy asking for it. It’s like you knew how to manifest your dreams before any adults or life situation convinced us otherwise.
I think kids have a natural “ask and ye shall receive” ability. We haven’t lived long enough to really buy into the limitations this world typically tries to teach us. But what happens along the way where we seem to lose our confidence to ask life for what we want. When do we stop asking for our dreams and just accept what’s “realistic?”
Our limitations are taught
At some point along the way, a lot of us begin to dial down our expectations of life. Maybe we saw our parents struggle with money so we think money is hard to come by and we begin to act accordingly.
Or we were convinced by well meaning teachers or counselors to pursue a “realistic” career path that was safe and stable. Even though our dreams and desires were calling us to take a radically different path.
We learn early on that to fit in and to be accepted can be the path of least resistance. We want our parents, families and friends to be happy and accept us.
A lot of us go to school, get jobs and create lives that may seem safe and secure to an outsider but on the inside your spirit is dying. You’re not really living your dreams. You haven’t pursued your writing or acting career because of the odds of failure. You don’t create your art because it isn’t practical right now. We stop thinking about traveling the world because we just can’t see how it could ever happen. We begin to settle for what life is giving us and we just stop asking for MORE.
What do you REALLY want?
Do you know why most people never get what they really want? It’s because they never really get clear and they just simply don’t ASK! They NEVER really learn who they truly are and get honest with themselves about what their dream life looks like.
And also, a big deterrent is that since we haven’t figured out how to make something happen, it’s just more comfortable to let go of the desire. We haven’t learned how to keep the dream alive without losing faith and so we just abandon it. It’s never truly gone though, is it?
Forget what everybody else wants for you! What do YOU want? When you get brave enough to answer that, your happiness will sky-rocket. But Happiness is not really the target here.
You want to create a life that results in you being happy most of the time but you really shouldn’t chase happiness. It will elude you every time. You must first create a life filled with things that bring you joy. The happiness will naturally follow.
And when you start eliminating things from your life that you really don’t like doing, your life will get easier and more fulfilling on it’s own.
You MUST start to get clear about your deepest dreams and desires. That is where your true happiness lies!
6 Steps to Manifest Your Dreams
- Write down what you want – You MUST get super clear about what you want. You may not know right away and that’s OK. Just begin to formulate your dreams. Write down your goals as clearly and concisely as you can. You can always adjust your goals as life moves forward, but you will miss out on 100% of the things you do not go after!
- Envision your future – If you learn nothing else from me, let it be THIS! You must learn to envision your future in your mind. You’re doing this automatically anyway, whether you know it or not. You must take charge of what your visions are. Close your eyes every day and create a mental “movie” of your dream life. See yourself going about your day. How does it feel? What are you wearing? How much money is flowing to you? Are you lean and healthy? You must learn to “act as if” it’s already a reality for you. Your mind doesn’t know the difference between fantasy and reality. Create the vision. When your thought and emotion become one, then it must manifest in your world. It’s universal law!
- Affirm your desires – Using affirmations can be very powerful, especially “I am” affirmations. Whatever you say or think after saying “I am” will become true for you. Listen to “I am” affirmations from YouTube or write down a list of them and repeat them. This technique is best used when you’re still half asleep in the morning or while sleeping at night. You want these to sink into your subconscious mind, when your conscious mind isn’t offering resistance. I am rich, I am healthy, I am abundant, I am generous, I am free, I am strong!
- Listen to your inner voice – Once you begin getting clear about what you want, the universe is going to start kicking into high gear the forces necessary to manifest your reality. You will begin to get urges, signs and signals to take action. LISTEN to these inner nudges. They are guiding you. They won’t always make sense and can sometimes seem counterproductive. Listen! The universe is doing it’s part and you will need to do yours.
- Take action & transform – Once you start listening to your inner guidance, you will begin to understand what action you will need to take. You must avoid acting from the ego though. Make sure what you’re doing is INSPIRED action. You will know the difference by how you feel. If something feels like a lot of effort or struggle than it’s not inspired action. Get into a better feeling place and THEN act!
- Hold the vision – This is where your faith and trust will come into play. You must hold the vision even when you don’t see any physical manifestation yet. You must continue to KNOW that what you’re wanting is coming. Your vision must become true for you if you can hold the feeling of it long enough AND it’s truly for your highest good. This technique won’t work if what you’re asking for isn’t truly part of your journey. Sometimes not getting what you want can be a brilliant stroke of luck. If you know in your heart that your dreams have integrity than hold the vision. Your dreams will manifest!
I believe with all my heart in the power of these techniques. I’ve been using them in my own life for many years. I hope you will be brave enough to begin to manifest your own dreams!
If you enjoyed this post, please SHARE it with your friends! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE so you won’t miss a single post!
You may also like my post “Creating a Life You Don’t Need a Vacation From”