Are you stretching as much as you should be? Let me go ahead answer that for you…NO, you’re probably not. Most people aren’t. But, you say you don’t have time or you’re not sure what stretches to do. Well, I’m here to cure those issues with my 5 Minute Daily Stretching Routine! I know you’ve got 5 minutes to spare!
I’ve got a NEW format for you today! This is my first ever video blog post and I hope you like it! If you’re on YouTube, be sure and subscribe to my channel and save this video for future use. I know it’s much easier to understand movements when you can see someone actually doing them.
This is the simple, basic routine that I do EVERY morning before I leave the house and at night before I go to bed. It’s not meant to be an extensive routine. This is for quick, easy movements that will improve your circulation, blood flow and release any tension that has built up in your body during sleep or throughout the day. It’s also the routine I have my clients do after their training session with me.
Why you should stretch
- It feels good— stretching allows you a few minutes of quiet time and the ability to make a mind-body connection.
- It relieves stress— when you stretch, your body releases endorphins which wash over you with feel-good sensations.
- It eases tension— stress and the pressures of everyday living cause your body to hold on to stress within your muscles. Stretching these muscles allows your body to release that tension and allows the stress to effectively exit your body.
- It lengthens and strengthens muscles— your muscles become shorter when they are worked, and one of the keys to remaining flexible is to lengthen your muscles.
- It allows more efficient movement— it’s much easier to move about when you’re limber.
- It improves blood flow— making sure you get healthy blood flow to all your extremities is very important.
- It betters your health—just by doing regular stretching, you can lower your blood pressure, strengthen your immune system, improve digestion, and even boost your metabolism.
My 5 Minute Daily Stretching Routine
I hope you try incorporating this into your daily habits. Daily stretching really improves my mood and sets the tone for my day. A little bit of attention to your body will go a long way. Please let me know if you try my 5 Minute Daily Stretching Routine!
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you enjoyed this post, it will help me a ton if you SHARE it with your friends!
Also, for all the latest fitness, wellness and beauty posts, don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the blog below. I promise no spam, just awesome inspiration to help you “Create a Life You Love!”
You may also like my post “The 5 Weight Loss Mistakes you Could be Making!”